Community Prayer Requests Archive
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008; 21:28:29 -0500 (EST) Please put Phyllis Copeland on your prayer list, hip surgery. Woody Knight’s father died and was buried today. And PRAISE for Tony Hughes, he is doing so much better since kidney stones were removed. Thanks for the prayers.
Date: Dec. 20, 2008
"Times, 'Times New Roman', 'Nimbus Roman No9 L', FreeSerif, serif"> Pray for two community families:
~ Carolyn Ward's mother passed away last night. Visitation will be at Miller's Funeral Home (735 Virginia Rd, Edenton) on Monday, Dec. 22 7–8:30 PM. The funeral service will be 11:00 AM Tuesday, Dec. 23, at Rocky Hock Baptist Church
~ Please pray also for Del Potter. Her mother, Janice Swingle of Hertford, passed away. Services to be announced.
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 08:29:16 -0500 Please pray for Tim and Tammy Thompson, their son Dusty, and Tammy’s family. A nephew was killed in a NY hunting accident by his brother Sunday. Please pray that God would comfort everyone and work through this tragedy.
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 04:37:27 -0800 Pray for Larry Holcolm, a 35-year-old family friend living in the suburbs of Chicago. Larry is having life threatening medical problems. Please pray the doctors are able to figure out what is wrong with him and that he get well. Please pray also for the family.
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:33:31 EST Pray for Lizann Creef ( Bethany UMC ) and health concerns.
Date: Thursday, 30 Oct 2008 07:18:28 -0000 Eleanor Scalzo who is dying from liver Cancer has asked Cindy Lynch (AE79) to come and visit on Sunday and tell her about Jesus. Please pray Eleanor will be receptive of the gospel and she will turn her life over to the Savior.
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 03:25:25 EDT Please pray for Doug Fiedler & his entire family. Doug accidentally shot and killed his 17-year-old brother (Andrew Fiedler) while cleaning a gun in their Colington Harbour home. Andrew was a senior at Manteo High School, Doug is the father of Penny Fiedler, Sharon Ruckle’s (AC18) baby. Pray that God will bring glory and comfort out of this tragedy.
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 19:53:31 EDT Praise and prayer for Olin & Dotsy Davis. Daughter Caroline and her husband gave birth to Olin & Dotsy’s first grandchild this morning, then Olin’s mother passed away late this afternoon rather unexpectedly. I am sorry but at this point I do not have any details. Please lift up Olin, Dotsy and their family in their time of loss. If you would like to send a card the address is:
Olin & Dotsy Davis, Post Office Box 126, Manteo, NC 27954
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 09:10:29 -0500 Please add J.J. Allen from Kill Devil Hills your prayers. He was injured playing football for First Flight High School last Friday night and will be having surgery on his knee on Monday (10-13). He tore his ACL, MCL, and possibly the PCL. Please keep him, his parents Corey & Kevin Morris, and his brother Bailey in your thoughts and prayers. They have had a very rough year
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 22:27:22 -0400 Pray for the family of Kathy Munday. Kathy was scheduled to be an AE #79 Pilgrim next week but passed away Saturday.
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 12:04:32 -0700 (PDT) Please inform the Emmaus Community that Millicent Osmon went to be with the Lord this morning. She was the aunt of Lisa Creef-Yost and Jeni Butler. They will be receiving visitors at the home of Jeni Butler, 515 Waterford Court in the Pelican Point subdivision in Elizabeth City on Saturday and Sunday after 11:00am. The viewing will be held at Twiford's Funeral Home in Elizabeth City on Saturday Aug. 16th from 7:00pm - 8:30pm. The funeral is Sunday, Aug. 17th at 2:00pm also at Twiford's. Please keep this family in your prayers during their time of loss.
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 01:47:00 -0400 Please pray for Myra Meekins, (AE75). While recovering from toe surgery she injured her back and now is scheduled for back surgery. She is experiencing a lot of pain and is fighting some type of infection which may delay her surgery.
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 12:55:58 -0400 Irene VanderWeit, (AE75) was just diagnosed with breast cancer. She will see her doctor next week and make a decision regarding the type of surgery she will have. Her doctor believes her prognosis is good as the tumor is small and they have found it early. She asks that we all pray for complete healing as she seeks “Shelter in the Time of Storm.“
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 09:51:50 EDT Please pray for John Miller (AE63), as he deals with legal matters surrounding his children (Kallum and Autumn). Please pray for protection and strength during this time.
Date: Thur, 5 June 2008 Please pray for Jefferson (AE63) & Cheryl Glover (AE65). Their oldest son in Kansas City, Christopher, was found dead earlier this week leaving behind a wife with three children.
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 12:51:18 -0400 Please pray for Wayne Marks (AE66) and Natalie Oliver Marks(AE72)as they go on a Ukraine volunteer mission trip July 18–Aug 2
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 06:38:22 -0400 Jay Gaddy (AE51) went to be with the Lord Wednesday evening. There will be a Celebration of his life 2pm Saturday at Twiford’s Funeral Home in Elizabeth City.
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 07:09:25 -0400 It is with a blessed heart that I am letting everyone know that our Kairos brother, George Stiles, has gone to be with Christ. George served on the support team for many many teams. He was a dear friend of Billy Fuller. George’s family is receiving friends tonight (6-7:30pm) at Twiford’s Memorial Chapel and the funeral is 11am Wed, May 21, at First Baptist Church in Elizabeth City.
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 09:07:00 -0700 Please pray for the family of Brad Smithwick (AE31) who was kidnapped and killed in October of 2007. His family is still fighting to protect his children. Please pray for those involved in the conspiracy for his murder. Pray that God lays a burden of guilt on them so heavy that the only way for them to be released is to confess and ask for forgiveness.
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 03:16:45 -0500 Please lift George Stiles up in all your prayers! George has been in Chesapeake General Hospital and has been diagnosed with Leukemia. He was to come home, but the diagnosis did not look good.
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 10:34:41 -0400 Pray for the family of Amy Williams (AE49) who passed away this week from cancer. She and her husband E.H. sponsored several people from the Washington area. Her visitation is tomorrow night (May 10th) at Paul funeral home in Washington. Her funeral will be Sun. At 3:00 at Maple Grove Christian Church.
Date: Thur, 1 May 2008 13:33:10 -0400 (EDT) Please pray for Ellis Tynch. During a test with doctors today his heart stopped, he passed out, and he was taken to Albemarle Hospital to have a pace maker put in.
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:53:10 -0400 (EDT) Pray for the family of Kathy Maxham. (AE74) Her sister, Anne, went home to heaven last night (4-13-08.) She is now free of pain and in a wonderful place.
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2008 We received word this afternoon that Billy Fuller passed on this morning. Visitation will be at Twiford's Elizabeth City, downtown location, Sunday 5 –6:30 pm. Funeral service will be Monday, 11am, at First Baptist Church, 300 West Main Street, Elizabeth City. Please pass this on to those who do not have Email.
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 06:51:02 -0500 Please keep Billy Fuller and his family in your prayers. We just received word that Billy Fuller’s medical condition has worsened and he is being sent home from the hospital.
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 18:43:23 -0400 (EDT) Please pray for Anne Tillett, sister of Kathy Maxham (AE74), who is having kidney removal on March 31. The surgery is very serious because of a heart condition and poor renal function of the other kidney.
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 15:42:59 -0500 (EST) Please continue your strong prayers for Jay and Anne Gaddy and the doctors at Riverside Hospital in Newport News. Jay has a large tumor deep in his brain. His doctor want to try the non-invasive GAMMA KNIFE© SURGERY Thursday, March 6. You can send a card of encouragement to Jay at:
1508 Crescent Drive, Elizabeth City, NC 27909
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 08:29:22 -0500 Please ask the community to pray for Elaine and Alton Perry of Merry Hill. Last night Elaine Perry (AE45) lost her daughter, Karen, through an automobile accident. We believe Karen also flew on a Chrysalis Flight around AC 19 or 20.
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 21:33:01 -0500 Please pray for Auburn Petty, 1 year old granddaughter of Nick and Elaine Shook, who was diagnosed today with a heart murmur.
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:00:20 -0500 Prayer request for Monica (AE11) Maynard. Unspoken medical concerns.
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 06:07:37 -0500 Please keep Paula (AE49) Mann’s family in your prayers. Her dad, Ed Greene, died over the weekend. The service will be Tuesday at 3:00 PM at Bethany United Methodist Church in Wanchese.
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 19:37:04 -0500 Please pray for Jacki Surles (& family) from Tarboro following the loss of her daughter, Karen.
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:14:54 -0500 (EST) Please pray for Ed Johnson, State Trooper in Elizabeth City who is married with toddler twins, as he undergoes surgery for stomach cancer on January 31st.
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 07:22:30 -0800 Please lift Alex Cohoon, cousin of Gina Miller, in prayer. Having diabetes since he was a child he is being flown from Elizabeth City to Winston-Salem for kidney and pancreas transplants. Please pray for a successful surgery and also for the family of the donor, who in their grief thought of others.
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:46:49 -0500 (EST) Mr. Thomas Biggs just called and ask that we alert all praying people we know as Carole Hill’s mother, Mrs. Helen Godfrey is in the ICU in Little Washington and things are not looking good. Please pray for strength for Carole and her family and wisdom for the doctors and peace for her mother. Please pass this request along to all you know.
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 07:09:02 -0600 Pray for new born infant Conner Cresong at Baptist Hospital in Winston Salem. He has been in the hospital for about a week or so fighting meningitis. He had 2 seizures Friday and has suffered a stroke. Doctors are concerned that he’s not getting better yet, but at the same time, they are saying that he’s not getting worse and that's a good thing. He had so much bacteria in his little body that it’s taking a lot of time for him to heal.
Update: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 07:01:58 -0600 Connor had a MRI last Wednesday and they did not see any reason to continue Antibiotics. The Cerebritis was gone (that was what they thought could be the beginning of abscesses). They discharged us at 4:15pm on Thursday. We go to our new Pediatrician Wednesday that can handle his special needs.
Update: 1/29/2008 11:21 AM Good news! Praise the Lord! Connor progressively got worse so I called the doctor and she sent us to the Hospital to have Pediatric Radiology take out the tube going to Connor's stomach and put in another tube going past his stomach into his small intestines. What a difference that made! It's like we have a different baby! No fussiness, no walking the floors, no arching his back and throwing his head back, no stiffening his arms and legs making it impossible to hold him. I thank the Lord so much for giving us this doctor and for her calling us every 2-3 days checking on Connor and his progress. Thank you for all of your prayers.
Update: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 11:08 AM Connor has an appointment tomorrow afternoon at 3pm in Chapel Hill to have the outside piece of his Cochlear Implant put on and turned on for the first time! YEAH! He will be able to hear tomorrow! Praise the Lord! :o) God has done so much for little Connor and I am very thankful.
- Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2008 06:42:26 -0600 The MRI scan shows Connor has Cerebral Palsy, he is at a high risk for hearing loss. He’s now in room 608. All of his internal organs are doing well and he’s been breathing on his own for over a week now. God is so good. Thank you for all of your prayers, that means a lot.
- Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 19:43:48 -0500 Please pray for Tony Whitehurst, the brother-in-law of James Walker who stabbed James on Christmas night for the Whitehurst family are troubled.
- Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 09:45:24 -0500 Please pray for James Walker who is on life support in Sentara Norfolk General Hospital. He has undergone two emergency operations this week, paralyzed on the right side, and on the critical list. Also include the Walker family in your prayers.
UPDATE: 12/29/2007 7:50 PM James is still on life support but they are taking him off for 3 hours @ a time. He is apparently not paralyzed anymore because he is moving his arms and legs. He will hold and squeeze your hand with the one they said was paralyzed. Today they think he is moving so much because he is in so much pain. He hears everyone and lets them know he can hear. A feeding tube has been inserted and some of swelling has subsided. Please continue to pray for James and his family.
UPDATE: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 22:21:35 -0500 The update on James. He is moving all of his body, opened his eyes, and has been moved from ICU to a regular room. Something very good is going to come from this.
- Date: 12/26/2007 1:11 PM An urgent community prayer request for 18-month-old Evan Roberson. A ping-pong ball size brain tumor was discovered Christmas day. Evan is the son of Lorrie (Harris) Roberson and Mitch Roberson of Plymouth and has been noticeably ill for about 4 weeks Surgery is now scheduled for 7am Monday, Dec. 31st. Prayers and cards for this precious little one would be appreciated to give encouragement and support during this time of crisis. Cards can be sent to:
Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters
601 Children’s Lane
Norfolk, VA 23507
- Date: Thur. 9/6/2007 6:48 PM Please pray for Mike Rowe, our AE Community Lay Director year before last. He has been on vacation at the beach, got sick, and has been diagnosed with viral meningitis. He was doing better but today he fell and Darlene, his wife, had to help him up. His brother was to take him to Pitt, but just before 4pm this afternoon Mike passed out on the floor and Darlene said she could not revive him. Paramedics came and I guess he is headed for the beach hospital for now. Please pass this on and lift up Mike and Darlene both in your prayers. Darlene is not doing so well herself.
- Date: Sat. Sep 01, 2007 09:52:50 Pray for the family of Dale Williams following the loss of her husband, George Williams, Thursday, Aug. 30th
- Date: 8/19/2007 3:53 PM Pray for the relationship with a daughter and that anything that holds back from them moving forward with the Lord will be broken.
- Date: Thu, 8/9/2007 9:15 PM Pray for Alex Swain (AE68), his grandmother passed away Monday, August 6, 2007.
- Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:15:21 -0400 Bert Hoggard (AE64) has breast cancer. Please pray for Bert & her husband Jeff (AE63).
- Date: June 25, 2007; 10:29 AM Please pray for Jay Rivenbark, he has been diagnosed with Encephalitis. He asked to be put on your prayer list so feel free to pass this on. — Thanks and God Bless
- Date: 6/23/2007; 7:10 PM Please remember Jackie Surles (AE54) in your prayers, her mother, Rachel Friend, passed away today, June 23rd.
- Date: 6/17/2007 7:31 PM Please pray for Joan Rudd (AE52) and send her cards of encouragement. Joan has Alzheimer's Disease. She recently went to live at Vintage Inn in Williamston. This is a very confusing and hard time for her. Please take a moment to pray for Joan, send a card to her or take a minute to visit her at Vintage Inn in Williamston. Her address is Joan Rudd, Vintage Inn Room 26. P O Box 547, Williamston, NC 27892. Thank you so much for your time and prayers. Be Blessed.
- Date: 6/13/2007 10:48 PM Please pray for Jessica Canning (4 yrs old), daughter of Kurt & Ronda Canning, First Baptist Church, Kitty Hawk. She was taken to Norfolk General by med flight tonight after a fall at her house. There is apparent brain swelling and she has been unresponsive. Ronda is our church secretary.
Date: 6/25/2007 9:25 PM Jessica is still in the hospital but was today moved from ICU to the rehab floor. Jessica’s injury was caused by a golf ball hit to the head. She has been kept in a medically induced coma, the doctors are bringing her out of it slowly. She is now breathing on her own and has some movement. Her eyes open; and while she seems to recognize her parents, she still has not spoken. The extent of her injuries is still unknown at this point. Please continue to remember her and her parents in your prayers.
- Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 08:15:23 Pray for Mike Johnson (First Baptist Kitty Hawk) and family. Their son, Hunter, was flown out early this morning to Kings Daughters Hospital with a brain hemorrhage.
- Mon, 4 Jun 2007 10:45:25 -0400 Miracles do happen. Today I bring you a good report. We are home and Hunter is doing well. Due to your prayers, there has been a mighty movement of God. According to some of the best Neurology Doctors in the country Hunter would still be in the hospital at least this week and would need speech and possible physical therapy. But God had another plan. He is now in his room playing a video game with perfect eye hand coordination.
- Jun 10, 2007 11:36 AM Hunter and I were in Petersburg (VA) and he suffered another seizure. Today we are in a Richmond hospital and I think we are coming home tonight. CT scans do not appear to show any new bleeding. I would not be truthful if I said Denise and I were not scared. We have a long trip home. Please pray for a good trip back and that this blood clot will soon be gone and the vascular system in his brain is already restored. All of you guys have taught the true meaning of agope love. Through this suffering God is being glorified. I know that our family is growing soritually through this trial and God is building a ministry in Hunter. I love you all.
- Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 10:29:23 -0400 Pray for Army Reservist Zane Petty who is being deployed May 18, possibly to Baghdad, for a year. He was deployed to Kuwait 4 years ago and was assured of not being deployed again. Zane & Nicole recently moved to Lexington, SC, with a 12 week old daughter, Auburn, and son Ian who was born while Zane was away 4 years ago. Pray for Zane's safety and God's guidance and peace for Nicole and the family.
- Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 19:25:06 -0500
Please pray that God will help Dale &
Lynne Martin (ae51/52) complete their mission trip to Alaska. They just spent 6
days broke down in Watson Lake, Yukon Territory, Canada. A repair part was installed on the motor
home this morning but after only 150 miles a different problem has surfaced and the motor home
does not have enough horsepower to make it up the mountain roads.
A used fuel filter helped but that benefit was only temporary. Dale towed the motor home
with his Kia to the nearest town but it only has a population of 20. They are still more
than 100 miles from Whitehorse and they are not sure there is a mechanic there.
Please pray that the trouble can be quickly diagnosed
and repaired. Pray also that the Martins will have a safe and trouble free
journey the rest of the way to Delta Junction, Alaska, about 800 miles away.
Date: Thursday, May 17:
The fuel pump was repaired and the Martin's made it safely to camp at Delta Junction.
- Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 11:30:06 -0500 Pray for safe travel for Jett Boyce (AE70 “Victory is Mine”) as she and her daughter go to WV this weekend to visit her Husband at Gilmer FCI. Pray for his strength to keep his faith strong and to know that God will provide a way if we will keep walking His path.
- Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 01:04:36 -0500 Continue to pray for Benji Bishop who will be on a liquid diet for the next six weeks. Also that he does not get behind in his school work. He will be going to the UNC Medical Center in Chapel Hill for follow up next week, pray that he does not have any extensive nerve damage to his face. This will show up as the swelling goes down if he does. Right now there is some numbness but we hope that is all.
Thanks to all of you for the calls and other forms of support.
- PRAISE that God allowed Benji to receive treatment from the best. The UPMC Presbyterian hospital in Pittsburgh has the largest and best facial trauma team in the nation and the doctor that did Benji's surgery is the best in world for facial trauma.
- PRAISE that with an impact strong enough to break the jaw there is usually neck, spinal cord or even brain damage, Benji has been cleared of any of these.
- PRAISE that God sent BB White, a friend of ours, who got Ricky to Pittsburgh to join Brenda who flew with Benji from the Resort and stayed throughout the whole ordeal.
- PRAISE for God’s “peace that passes understanding” all week
- PRAISE for a wonderful son who has not complained or whined through all of this.
- Date: Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:48:39 -0400 Shirley Beaton (past Emmaus lay director) underwent a colonoscopy procedure last Tuesday in Franklin, Va. During the procedure her intestines were detached from the spleen. The doctor did not know this but knew something was wrong when they couldn't awaken her. Her blood pressure was 50/30. A quick scan found she was bleeding inside. They quickly air lifted her to Suffolk for emergency surgery. They gave her blood before and during the flight. They split her breast bone because they didn't know where she was bleeding. They did remove the spleen. They almost lost her twice on Tuesday. She came home on Sunday. She is slowly recovering. Please keep her and Jerry in your prayers. Her address is 22260 Ballpark Rd. Newsoms, Va. 23874
- Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 07:04:21 -0500 I am requesting prayer for my good friend and new Emmaus Community member, Lee Swain (AE70). Her adult nephew, wife and two boys, Chris and Nellie Miller, had there home badly damaged by fire this afternoon. All escaped physically unharmed, praise the Lord. They suffered substantial material losses. There oldest son (age 7) has Cerebral Palsy while the youngest (age 5) is Autistic. The Dad is somewhat handicapped as well. The Mom must stay home and be the only caretaker of the two boys. This family lives in Elizabeth City. I appreciate your forwarding this request to our Emmaus friends and Community. Thank you so much and may God bless each and every family involved in this prayer request.
- Date: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 4:06 PM Please pray for Bengi Bishop who was taken to a hospital in Pittsburgh today for injuries sustained on the church ski trip. Reports have come in that he has shattered his jaw. He is having a CAT scan done at this time to tell the full extent of the injuries. Bengi’s father, Ricky Bishop, is to be a spiritual director on the next Men’s walk. Please pray for him and his family.
- Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 08:01:38 -0500 Please pray for Robin Prachel, a friend dying from lung cancer and told she has only 4-6 weeks to live. Thank you!
- Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 19:25:45 -EST Please pray for Jean Tilley (AE44). She was admitted to Chowan Hospital and doctors are not sure why she is running a fever.
- Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 12:03:45 -0500 Pray for Billy Fuller and his family. Billy has recently been diagnosed with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma and is undergoing chemotherapy treatment. Billy serves Jesus in His Kairos ministry at Pasquotank Correctional Institution.
- Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:24:29 EST Please pray for God to supply the money to purchase our new Recovey Home For Women Called “God Did It” by March 15th, 2007, and please join in agreement with us also for finances for the Hosea House in Manteo - A Home for Women and children
- Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 15:38 -0500 Whitney Jones (Tommy & Kathy's daughter) was in a bad car accident this morning and has been taken to the hospital with possible head, neck & back injuries. We think she went to Sentara Norfolk. Please pray for her.
- Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:01:18 -0000 Last May a colleague moved churches and is now experiencing difficulties. Please pray for her protection from the enemy. Give her the right words to say in the situation, help her to lay the burden down and trust Him.
- Date: Thur, 30 Nov 2006 22:25:22 EST Please pray for Dee & Dick Holeman Jr of Plymouth. Dee has been in Rex Hospital, Raleigh, paralyzed for the past several weeks. Dee needs our prayers for recovery from a paralysis that may be irreversible. Dick needs prayer and encouragement as well. Call before you visit. Please do not send flowers or balloons, send cards only.
- Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 22:28:20 -0500 Please pray for Harry Chesson’s family. Harry passed away yesterday morning after a long fight with cancer. The community has blessed Harry and his family throughout Harry’s fight with cancer. His funeral will be tomorrow at 2:00 p.m. at the Plymouth Church of Christ in Plymouth, NC. Please share the funeral arrangements with all of the community.
- Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 01:40:03 -0500 Please pray for Mike Askew (AE1) who had colon cancer Nov 2004 and has now found he has stage 4 Lung cancer. There are tumors on the inside and outside of the lung too big to operate. This does not look good and the family needs prayer for Mike and Cindy Askew (AE2) and for the entire family including 6 children. Pray also for the youngest son, Michael. He is 15 yrs old and getting ready to have surgery on his knee for his ACL
- Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 10:19:51 -0500 Please pray for Hattie Mae Johnson Norvil. She just lost her grandson to a drug overdose.
- Date: Friday, 13 October 2006 09:50:33 (Eastern Time) Please pray for Southern Shores Police Lieutenant Paul Terry who was just taken to the hospital with chest pains. Paul is acting chief for the police department following the recent death of chief Thad Pledger. After an initial exam doctors feel it may not be his heart and rather the stress from work.
- Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 13:24:48 -0400 (Eastern Standard Time) Please pray for 16-month-old Corey, where there's evidence of child abuse, and the grandmother trying to get custody.
- Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:00 (EST) Please pray for the family of Eddie Bliven who passed away this a.m.
- Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:08:31 +0200 Kindly pray for relationships and for God to give a clear mind. Please pray with me that the Holy Spirit will work in hearts and minds, EVERY DAY, so that our busy schedules will allow for a happy, loving relationship - filled with lots of joy, and protect our relationship from third parties.
- Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 18:33:31 -0400 Please add the family of Pastor Bill Clements to the prayer list. Bill passed away this a.m. Plans for services are not yet completed.
- Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 22:50:14 EDT Pray for Mike Fitch Jr. (AC27) as he moves to Lynchburg, VA, to study as a minister at Amnherst Theological Seminary. Please pray for God to open the doors that need to be opened and close the ones that need to be closed, for "No door he opens can be closed, nor door he closes be opened". Also, please pray for his continuing provisions for Mike financially, emotionally, but more importantly, spiritually.
- Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:22:30 EDT Please pray for strength to overcome some of my personal addictions, as well for the evangelism the LORD wants in the community of Hatteras Island.
- Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 07:46:29 -0400 John Miller was burned Saturday in an accident. He is Norfolk General with burns on his leg and arm. Keep him and his family in your prayers. Please pass this on to others who know John.
- Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 14:48:53 EDT Phyllis Story (we know her as the Kairos Cookie Lady) was in a car accident and is on her way to Greenville as I type this so please call on the Emmaus Family to get praying for her and Gilbert who is so worried. I only know that she has several broken bones. If I hear more I will let you know. Thanks
- Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 10:02:33 -0400 Praise that Meredith and Sam Tynch have a son born by Cesarean last Friday night, May 5th. He is in Neonatal at Pitt Memorial Hospital. Please continue to pray for Meredith and the baby. Meredith is still having problems with her blood pressure.
- Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:58:21 +0100
Please include the following in your prayer list:
Mrs. Mshella who is on life support from weaknesses resulting from cancerous infection. Doctors have said she has only 48 hours to go if she is removed from the life support and have requested the approval of the family to do just that. Please pray that God's will ALONE should prevail and that the family be strengthened and comforted in whatever situation.
For Mr. N.O. That God will break the chain and stronghold of a sex habit and remove all sex sin from his life. He really desires to obey God always and would not wish to be a hypocrite.
Mr. V who is expecting a letter of a raise and foreign assignment in his place of work. That God will do it speedily to the glory of His name.
- Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:10:57 -0400
Please add Betsy Robbins (AE30) to your prayers. She lost her husband to a heart attack and stroke this past January and is trying to stay in her home. Bill did not have any type insurance and the mortgage must be satisfied. She would like to subdivide and sell two of her three acres to help pay off the mortgage. She is trying to get government approval and time is of the essence. Your prayers for this situation would be most appreciated.
- Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 06:48:53 -0400
Please add Shirley Newby to your prayer concerns, she had knee replacement surgery.
- Saturday 20 May 2006 08:48:11 update Jerry Dorman, has been upgraded and moved out of ICU into room E-238. He is doing much better and has had one skin graft this week and may go home sometimes next week. His phone # is 252-847-9238.
~ Mon, 22 May 2006 12:26:28 -0400 Update on Jerry Dorman — ** Praise ** Came home from hospital yesterday (Sunday, 5/21). Please pray for continued healing. God is good-All the time!
- Thu, 11 May 2006 14:26:20 Meredith & Sam Tynch have a baby boy delivered Friday night, May 5th, by C-Section. He is in the Children's Hospital neonatal care unit at Pitt Memorial Hospital. He is making progress and still needs your prayers as well as Meredith as she is still fighting high blood pressure.
- Mon, 8 May 2006 06:56:13 -0500 Please pray for Jerry Dorman (walked on #AE 53). Jerry was involved in an accident Saturday, May 6, 2006. He is in stable condition waiting another surgery today at Pitt Memorial in Greenville. I will provide an address after surgery and they have in a room.
- Tue, 02 May 2006 11:14:18 -0400 Please pray for Meredith Spencer Tynch & Sam Tynch. They are expecting their first baby and is not due until June 26. Due to long term diabetics and elevated blood pressure, Meredith has been in Pitt County Hospital for 28 days and will not be going home until after the baby comes. Sam is staying with her all that he can.
- Sat, 29 Apr 2006 10:50:59 -0400 Please include Megan & Mac Gray (brother of Jennifer Gamiel - AE29) and their newborn baby Dallas Gray in your prayers. Baby Dallas was born several weeks premature on April 20th at 1 lb 8 oz. He is in Kings Daughters Hospital in Norfolk, VA, and is currently stabilized. There have been so ups and downs and I am sure many more to come, but we are planning on God saving this little boy and bringing him home healthy in a few months. We have seen the results of much love and prayer and God's blessings throughout this past week. Thank you for your prayers.
- Mon, 24 Apr 2006 12:28:55 -0400 Please add James Scott to your prayer list. He had opened heart surgery three weeks ago in Norfolk General. Since then his condition has worsened almost steadily and has been kept sedated and on a respirator. Things still do not look so good today as he was supposed to have a trachea tube put in and begin to wean him a little from the respirator but his body is accumulating fluid and they have not been able to stop it. Thanks.
- Wed, 19 Apr 2006 19:53:27 -0400 Please add Randy Gentry to the prayer list. He recently found out that he has cancer again. Please pray for him & his family at this time. Everyone's prayers will be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you very much.
- Mon, 17 Apr 2006 19:45:55 -0400 Please pray for: Mike Warrow and family unsaved, Ina McGowan she is 87 years old, has health problems and unsaved, and Deborah Steiner unsaved.
- Sat, 15 Apr 2006 07:11:32 -0400 Please pray for the next Westville (Indiana) Correctional Facility Kairos weekend set for May 18 — 21, 2006. We would love to have you send posters and/or letters for this group of men, as well and hands or placemats for use during this weekend. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me on my cell phone 765-438-7636(leave a message if I have the phone off). Posters and/or letters that are 8 ½ X 11 may be sent to my home address: David Kistler, 1419 Hutchins Drive, Kokomo, IN 46901-1991
- Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:20:30 -0500 Please add the Manteo Baptist Church Youth Mission Trip to Hawaii (June 30-July 8) to the prayer list
- Mon, 27 Feb 2006 19:48:04 -0500 Please add Ty Benson to the prayer list. Ty is 94 years old with Cancer and fluid in his lungs
- Sat, 4 Feb 2006 21:56:39 EST Please pray for the relationship between Valerie Miller (AE 64) and her daughter Lea. Pray that God will mend hearts and make a way in this situation. They have not had any contact since Lea, now 17 and just became a mother herself, was very little. Lea is not willing to see or talk to Valerie who seeks prayer in this situation.
- Wed, 01 Feb 2006 12:30:44 +0000 Please pray for Chase Smith, a local resident attending college at Mount Olive and a Pilgrim on Heart of Carolina Walk Weekend #84 this weekend February 2-5, 2006
- Sun, 29 Jan 2006 13:41:50 -0800 (PST) Please pray for my brother-in-law in the Elizabeth City hospitol with low blood sugar and heart trouble,
- Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:23:29 -0800 (PST) Please pray for Jerry Radford, a family friend suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning and possible brain damage after being rescued from a closed trailer with an unvented heater. He was taken to the hospital but can't remember his mothers last name or who he is. He is scheduled to go to Greenville to determine the extent of damage. Please pray for recovery.
- Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:11:58 -0500 Please pray for Dale Williams. She has just found out that she may have cancer in the pelvic area. She is waiting for test results and surgery.
- Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:57:28 -0500 Please continue to hold Diego Santiago (the 5 year old son of Cookie Santiago, Director of Hispanic/Latino Ministries for the NC Conference of the United Methodist Church) up in prayer as many have for the past 6 months. Diego has been diagnosed with Wilms Tumor (also called nephroblastoma) a cancerous tumor originating in the cells of the kidney typically occurs in children. Diego is currently a patient at Brenner's Children's Hospital in Winston-Salem, NC, awaiting transfer to St. Jude's Children's Hospital but there are medical obstacles that must be overcome before transfer. His current medical condition indicates that he has only weeks left in his short life. We are praying for God to heal Diego and Wednesday, January 25, Christians around the world are joining together for a day of Fasting and Praying, www.carepages.com has Diego's care page to keep in touch with updates and is an inspiring place to visit, a username and password are required to visit the site. If you receive this message after Wednesday, please feel free to enter into a season of prayer and a time of fasting.
- Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:38:43 Please pray for Lisa Owens Hooper of Buxton. Lisa is currently undergoing treatment for cancer. Her spirits are high and her beliefs are solid. Lisa is the wife of Buddy Hooper and they have two children, Chase who is a freshman at ECU, and Avery who attends Cape Hatteras High School.
- Thu, 1 Dec 2005 15:01:07 -0800 (PST) Please pray for 12 yr. old Averi Valdivieso. Last night she was diagnosed with bone cancer. She attends Kitty Hawk Methodist church.
- Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2005 9:05 PM EST Please pray for Mary Waff (AE-50) who just found out she has Diabetes. She is currently trying to control it with her diet, but this past week has been a challenge. Through the grace of our Lord she will get past this.
- Tue, 15 Nov 2005 23:10:29 -0500 Please pray for 4-1/2 year old Martina Auger who has leukemia and needs many prayers. Martina lives in New Hampshire and is a relative of Jeannette Peele by marriage.
- Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:08:36 -0500 Please add Debra White to the prayer list
- Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:06:23 -0400 Please prayer for the Todd Respess family, an unspoken prayer request
- Fri, 28 Oct 2005 06:13:12 -0400 Pray that the Church at Bandon Chapel finds a qualified Pianist/Musician.
- Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:47:35 EDT Subject: Toledo Correctional Kairos Prayer Vigil Dear sisters and brothers in Christ, I am writing to you from the Northwest Ohio Kairos community. I am requesting that you spread the word in your community to sign up online for the Toledo Correctional Kairos prayer vigil. The website is (vigils are in Alphabetical order, look for Toledo Correctional Institution, Men's Kairos #5)
www.3dayol.org I am also requesting paper agape to be sent. It can be sent to Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
In our Master's service, Jim Jackson
- Fri, 21 Oct 2005 19:37:38 -0400 Please put Trisha & Jesse Byrum III, of Edenton, on your prayer list. They had a baby 2 months early and they are at Kings Daughter hospital ICU. Trisha walked AE55 & Jesse walked AE61. Thanks
- Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:27:55 -0400 Please lift Turner Draper (AE61) up in prayer. Turner had a mini stroke 4 pm yesterday, Monday, Sept. 26. He is at Halifax Memorial Hospital in Roanoke Rapids, NC. The stroke affected his speech and right eye, mouth and arm. Also, pray for his wife Judy (AE62) for comfort and strength.
- Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:32:55 -0400 Prayer Request for Dr. Alfred Moncla who had complications following a heart attack Friday morning (9/23/05). He was moved him from Albemarle Hospital to Pitt Co. Memorial Hospital. Please pray for his recovery. Dr. Alfred Moncla is retired now but has delivered many children in Elizabeth City. He is the Chairman of the Board for the Benjamin House in Elizabeth City. Please add his name to other prayer chains — Thank you.
- Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:24:32 Pray for Harry Chesson and place him on the immediate prayer chain. He is very sick and in a lot of pain with his recurring cancer. The group in Plymouth are dedicating tonight between 7:00 and 9:00 as a time for prayer for Harry.
- Sat, 17 Sep 2005 16:32 -0400 Pray for Bonnie Strawser and her family following the recent death of Bonnie's mother, Mary A. Allen, ("Nanny" to most who knew her). Ms. Allen, who would have turned 90 on December 15 of this year, has been declining in health due to a series of strokes (and age...) for several years. A short memorial service is scheduled for 11:00 AM Tuesday, September 20, at Mt. Olivet United Methodist Church in Manteo. On Wednesday, there will be family visitation and viewing from 10-11 at J.T. Morriss & Son Funeral Homes in Hopewell, VA, a funeral service at 11 at Woodlawn Baptist Church, 3512 Virginia St, Hopewell, VA and grave side service immediately after at Bermuda Memorial Park.
- Wed, 14 Sep 2005 00:14:47 -0700 Pray for Deanna Copsey (age 23) in Prairie Du Chien, WI, recently diagnosed with OsteoSarcoma. Deanna's doctors have told her she is very ill and will become even more so with the treatments for this bone cancer. Her name was on our prayer list about a year ago when she was in the Navy serving on the USS Gettysburg stationed in the Gulf. Please lift her up to the Lord in prayer again
- Sun, 4 Sep 2005 14:44:21 -0700 (PDT) Please pray for Evan Bartley, a member of our Albemarle Emmaus Chrysalis Community, at Teen Mania's Honor Academy in Texas for an internship that lasts until next August. Recently Evan has been feeling a little homesick and needs an encouraging note or an to lift his spirits. Regular mail can be sent to: Evan Bartley, Teen Mania, P.O. Box 2010 CPO #64, Lindale, TX 75771 or Email Evan at his . Thank you so much & God Bless!
- Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:25 AM PRAISE for answered prayer. First Baptist Church, Kitty Hawk, has found a pastor! Thanks to all who prayed.
- Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:02:31 -0400 Pray for Barbara Nixon (AE13) that she will have a safe trip and God's will be accomplished on her July 8-25, 2005, mission trip to Ukraine
- Sun, 22 May 2005 00:02:47 (PDT) Derek Byers needs your prayers. Derek has an enlarged heart. His doctor found that Derek's kidneys are not working correctly and placed him on dialysis. The cause is believed to be from an infection.
Monday, May 02, 2005 - 10:18 AM
Please hold Thanisha Chandler, Leroy and Alexa & Ben up in your prayers.
I'm very sad to tell you that Thanisha Chandler's baby,
India Marie, was stillborn this morning.
Thanisha lives in Manteo and is a member of the Nags Head (Baptist) Church
praise and worship team.
Funeral arrangements are not complete at this time.
Thank you for all prayers for her and her family.
April 13, 2005 9:00 AM
Please pray for Mike Rowe. He is to be admitted to Pitt Memorial
today for a MRI and other tests.
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:55:40 EST
Please lift up Brenda Smith and her family up in prayers.
Brenda, age 38, had a recent heart attack. No other details are known.
Brenda, a high school class mate of Debbie McClearen, lives out west.
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:16:30 -0500
Please pray for First Baptist Church, Kitty Hawk,
as we seek God's guidance on a new pastor.
Mon, March 21, 2005 23:30
Please pray for the family of Chris Kidder Bell. She passed away today.
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:27:56
Please pray for Chris Kidder Bell, co-owner of the Manteo Bookstore.
She has been diagnosed with Spinal Cancer. The MRI shows her pelvis and leg are broken.
The spinal tap needed has been canceled because of this complication.
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:46:52
Please pray for Gary and Sherry Hunter of Manteo. Gary has ALS or Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
They have been to all the clinics and hospitals on the East Coast and nothing has helped.
Doctors in the United States offer no hope for Gary and they can only “make Gary comfortable” as his condition deteriorates.
After much prayer, Sherry and Gary have just arrived in Beijing China where Gary will undergo an experimental operation that offers some hope of a cure.
Sherry is a Dare County employee and they have two children.
- Wed, 09 Fed 2005 6:01 PM
Please pray for Paul Goudy. Paul has been admitted to Albemarle Hospital for internal bleeding problems.
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:51:46
Please pray for Dick Holeman. He was admitted in the hospital with low blood levels.
There is concern that he might have internal bleeding.
Saturday, January 08, 2005 2:19 PM
Please lift up Lori Bartley and her family in your prayers following the unexpected death of
her husband David on January 7th. David had the opportunity to serve on Thursday evening's
Kairos Prayer and Share group. What a wonderful minister he has been for those incarcerated.
Visitation will be Monday, January 10, 7-9 PM @ Joyners Funeral Home,
Wilson, NC. The funeral service is set for 11AM, Tuesday, January 11 @ Bailey UMC, Bailey, NC.
Burial will be at Pleasant Grove UMC, following services. The family has requested
NO flowers. Instead, give a gift in memorium to:
Kairos of North Carolina
c/o Bob Clinkscales
PO Box 1755, Elizabeth City, NC 27909
Please feel free to pass this on to other Emmaus / Kairos / Chrysalis communities.
Wednesday, January 05, 2005 11:15 AM
Please pray for Mrs Ernestine Taylor, a pilgrim scheduled to go on the upcoming AE60 Beach
walk. She just found out she has an aneurysm. She is upset of course but would like the
community to pray that she will be healed or that God will make a provision for her to
attend the walk without compromising her health or being a burden. She has been looking
forward to this walk for a long time and the prospect of not being able to attend is more
upsetting to her than the condition.
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 23:49:07
Please pray for the family of Liz and Bill, they are having a very difficult time.
Their daughter Christy, a young wife and mother, had cancer surgery, chemo and a feeding
tube for nutrition in the fall & moved along with her husband to Candler to live
on her parents' property to recuperate after surgery. She is, however, having
a difficult time recuperating. Now, another daughter, Sherry, has discovered a lump in
her breast and is to have surgery in the near future. Liz is a care giver to her elderly
mother in addition to the medical problems with her daughters.
Thank you for your prayers & may God bless you in 2005!
- Mon, 27 Dec 2004 19:19:13 -0800 Please pray for Vince Antizana, he is 21, a Christian & was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymph node cancer. He starts treatment Thursday.
- Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 08:28:28 -0500 Please pray for Beddie Spruill (Cheryl Williams' mother). She has been very sick, but is improving every day. She is in the Plumbee Nursing Home in Plymouth.
- Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 19:38:37 -0500 Please pray for Emily Davenport (grandmother of Jimmy Davenport AE 53) in Plumble Nursing home. Her kidneys have shut down and the Dr. says they have done all that can medically be done. She is in God's hands now. Please pray for her and her family as they deal with this, that God's will be done in all things and the family will have strength each day with what is to come.
- Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:13:16 EST On Monday Nov 29, Sarah Hupp (AC 22), was taken to the emergency room complaining of side aches. At 1:00 the following morning she had her appendix removed. She is home now but is very sore. Please pray for a fast recovery for she is teaming on AC 24. Thank You!
- Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:09:09 EST Please pray for Pattie, a single mom trying to make it on her own. Pattie lost her job and has been everywhere looking for a job. All she seems to be hearing is that nobody is hiring at this time. Pattie really needs a job and tonight she is so depressed she is ready to just give up completely. Please pray that she will find a job tomorrow and she will know that God doesn't close one door without open another.
- Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 05:10:04 Please pray for the Caddy family. Hugh Caddy was killed yesterday in Fallujah. After fighting in one of the battles there Hugh was riding in a Hummer that ran into a tank and Hugh was killed in the accident. Hugh is the nephew of Johnny and Joanne Caddy, and Tina Caddy Chappell's brother.
Saturday, November 13, 2004 10:37 AM
Please pray for Iris Dallas and family. David Dallas had a stroke Sept. 19 and passed away soon after. They were married for 60 years, belonged to Chapel on the Sound, and for 20 years spend 5 months of the year going to Mexico to tell about the love of JESUS.
A memorial service will be at Chapel on the Sound (near Albemarle Plantation ) Holiday Island at 3 PM on Sunday, November 28th. Iris would feel very privileged if the community would attend David's memorial service. For more information
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 08:30:25 (Eastern Standard Time)
Brent Williams (AC 17) is having pain in his knee while at boot camp. The doctor told him he has severe tendonitis. He is very concerned that this will set him back for graduation which is December 23rd. Please pray that God will heal his knee.
- Sat, 4 Dec 2004 09:33:32 (Eastern Standard Time) A huge Praise!!!!! Brent's knee is back to normal. Thank you so much for praying for him. He will graduate Dec. 23rd. and be on leave for nine days.
Wed, 3 Nov 2004 21:09:11 -0500
Please pray for the family of Mike and Gayle Hendricks currently in Broadway, NC, but formerly lived in Elizabeth City. James Hendricks (Mike's father) in Greensboro, NC, passed away Sunday evening, the funeral is Thursday. Mike and Gayle’s Emmaus walks were pre AE-21. They both have remained active in the Albemarle Emmaus through their teaming and community support. Please keep Mike, Gayle and their two daughters — Rebecca and Hannah - in your prayers as they go through this time of grief.
Sunday, October 31, 2004, 10:36:11 AM EST
Pray that Christians will vote for candidates that will support family
values and Christian morals.
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 03:38:12
Please pray for Brent Williams (AC 17). He left Sunday, Oct. 24th, for Navy boot camp in Great Lakes, Chicago. He will return home around Christmas time.
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:57:48 Please add Iris Dallas and her family to the prayer requests. Her husband David Dallas had a stroke Sept 19 and passed away soon after. The obituary notice which has not yet run will be in the paper soon. Attempts to let the community know failed so no one has contacted Iris or lifted her and her family in prayer.
Dave and Iris have been faithful to the LORD for so long spending 5 months each
year for 20 years going to Mexico to tell about the love of JESUS. They have been married 60 years. Iris and Dave belonged to Chapel On The Sound (112 Leisure Road, Hertford 426-1160) where Tom Oliver is pastor There will be a memorial service for Dave about Thanksgiving time at Chapel on the Sound. Iris is
having a difficult time so please keep her in prayer as well as her
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:31:52
Emily Davenport, Grandmother of Jimmy Davenport AE 53, is still in need of your prayers. Tomorrow she is being sent to Greenville to see a neurologist to see about a mass found on her brain. It has grown since the mri taken right after she had her stroke. She has been left pretty much blind since the stroke. They want to see if the mass is a tumor or cancer or blood vessels that have burst and clumped together because they say she has a brain disease that is causing them to keep bursting. She has a lot going on physical and emotionally as she also has alheimers. Please pray for her as well as her family. She is a God fearing woman and prays constantly as well as her family. Pray that Gods will be done and for strength for her and her family.
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:02:01
Please pray that Karen Milillo's cousin will go in peace with God with
no more suffering for her and the family
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:00:06
Please keep Joy Owens (AE #17) and Ricky Odom in your prayers.
The Lord knows what is going on with them and what they need in their lives.
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 21:24:53
Please lift up Emily Davenport in your prayers: She recently had a stroke which left her blind in one eye and able to see only shapes with the other. She also has left side weakness. She has been admitted to a nursing home for a brief period to receive physical therapy in the hopes that she will be able to return home. However, she is not responding well and further evaluation of her condition is being done.
Please lift up Carol & Curtis Smith in your prayers: Carol was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer and underwent a Mastectomy earlier this week. She is waiting for Pathology Reports to come back and preparing herself for the next phase of her treatment. Curtis, who has been battling heart trouble for years, began having breathing difficulty yesterday evening and was hospitalized. His condition worsened during the night but doctors have stabilized him.
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 09:15:22
Please pray for Rex Rader who has suffered a mild heart attack. He seems to be doing fine and will be home from the hospital on Monday or Tuesday. His daughter, and Debbie McClearen's mother, Sue Boseman, is attending the women's Walk AE #59. Please pray for her as she will do God's will if a decision needs to be made.
- Fri, 08 Oct 2004 20:26:31
Please pray for Anthony that he may find his way in this life to be happy, independent and healthy and
take all burdens off my aunt who is also under a lot of stress. That he be able to make his own decisions and
Please pray also for Sean, who is an autistic child. He had a seizure yesterday (Grand Mal).
He is in the hospital undergoing tests. Pray for a miracle that he would get well and stay healthy and
take stress off of his parents. Let him function in the world as an independent soul so his parents may find
peace and happiness.
Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:14:05 EDT
As the father of Shaun who had a seizure I thank you for your prayers and thoughts for my son. A
s a autistic child, he can not express his problems or fears but he does know who God is and his power.
I hope that is his lifetime a cure for his condition can be found. Another problem has now been added (seizures)
but we will take it a day at a time
- Fri, 08 Oct 2004 07:28:31
Please pray for Lorraine who is battling cancer and renal failure. It is very hard for her to make a decision as to her wishes. She has a chance of her kidneys reversing themselves. Pray for her making the right choice. Pray for a miracle or for whatever in her heart her wishes are.
- Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 19:00:22
When we visited Lorraine today she had a different outlook on her condition and did not want to have dialysis. After much persistence she finally consented. Continue prayer for a recovery from these troubled days she has experienced. Thank you
- Thu, 7 Oct 2004 20:52:04 EDT
Please continue prayers for my dearest friend Lorraine. She is still in the hospital and they are trying to put her on dialysis since her kidneys are failing from many years of treatment for breast cancer. She is still on a ventilator, she was taken off it for a short time and they had to put her back on it. She is in pain today and had to be given morphine. Please Pray that God gives her all the help she deserves and allow her to make a recovery to be able to come home.
- Sat, 2 Oct 2004 22:59:22
Please pray for Carol Warren. She needs physical healing. She has walked on Emmaus years ago.
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 21:27:02 EDT
Please pray for my dear friend Lorraine who is currently on a ventilator and suffering from an infection as well as kidney failure and cancer. She is truly an inspiration to me and I pray that she will soon recover and begin new treatments to help her with a fulfilling life. The thought of losing her is insurmountable to me. Please G-d help her to be strong and overcome the condition she is currently experiencing. All prayers will be greatly appreciated. thank you
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:03:52
Please include Brenda (Harley) in your prayers. She has begun the Divinity Program at Campbell University traveling back and forth from Ayden to Buies' Creek every Tuesday and Thursday and continues to work three jobs and care for her family! Please Pray for her safety, and her health as her husband fears that she is just stretched too thin!
- Tue, 28 Sep 2004 20:03:19
Preston Nixon, father of Ed Nixon who is teaming this weekend on AE58, has suffered a serious heart attack. Please pray for a healing and lift the family in prayer during these difficult hours.
- Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:15:40
Please prayer for Carol Warren, sister of Betsy Ward. They were together in Florida and Carol became ill, went to hospital, early diagnosis of cranial bleeding.
- Fri, 3 Sep 2004 17:47:06
Please put Tony Hughes on your prayer list. He will be having surgery in Greenville Tuesday, September 7 - 9AM (Pitt Memorial). We pray this will only be outpatient surgery. God is good and we feel things will go well. We will let you know how things go. We love you all and thank you so much for being a part of our prayer family.
- Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 17:55:12 -0400
Praise God! Just wanted you to share with everyone who was
praying for Tony's surgery. He is home - doing well. Has several weeks of recovery ahead.
Laproscopic surgery was successful and was able to place his stomach back in place
(he has had hiatel hernia for a long time and somehow had enlarged & caused his stomach to pull
up and twist upside down behind his heart.... thank you so much for remembering him.
God is good! and a great physician.
- Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 08:26:14 -0500
We thank you all for your prayers and friendship.
Tony is doing well and no longer needs to be on this prayer list
- Thu, 19 Aug 2004 19:36:43 Please pray for Gilbert Story, he has level 2 bladder cancer and is undergoing chemo. He has tried to keep up the prison ministry and is not feeling the best.
- Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:44:19 EDT Mary Wiggins, sister of Edward Steigerwald and sister in law of Harley, is in PCMH. She was on a waiting list for a liver transplant for four years. Last week Chapel Hill informed us that she is no longer eligible for liver transplant because of her insurance & no longer wants to work with her insurance. She has been dismissed as no longer eligible even though we have a fund for her treatment. The hospital will no longer talk to us about her care. Mary is currently very ill as well as her Ed and her mother both of whom are also ill. Please keep them in your prayers.
- Tue, 22 Jun 2004 071923
Anastasiya Kalinina is a Russian student waiting for a visa interview to come to the US for the summer.
She attended and joined Mt. Olivet UMC last summer. This is last week to interview for summer programs without some miracle or intervention.
- Sun, 6 Jun 2004 16:17:15 -0500
Please keep Burnie Collins in your prayers. He had a motorcycle accident Thursdayin Beaufort County and is in Greenville ICU. There were complications that seem to be under control now. Gayla is in Greenville with him, but she is planning on coming back to preach tomorrow morning, so traveling mercies for her would also be appreciated.
- Fri, 28 May 2004 15:32:57 Pray that Debbie Rogerson Phelps (AE-25) has safe travels and a safe return to North Carolina as she makes a 1600 mile, 2-day trip with her son and grandson next month. Also pray for God's intervention to heal the hurt, anger and silence among family since her mother passed away this past January. Her brother has not spoken to Debbie or her sister since before the funeral.
- Wed, 26 May 2004 05:15 Please pray for Adam Lassiter(AC #20). Adam's foot was badly damaged in a lawn mower accident Monday and he is in Albemarle Hospital. All but one toe was saved. Please pray that there will be no problems with infection. The doctor said that is was critical to save the rest of his foot. Please forward this to others & Fly With CHRIST!!
- Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 07:30:38
Iris Byrne passed away on Thursday. The funeral will be this Sunday afternoon at New Hope UMC at 4:00 pm. It will be a grave side service.
- Fri, 30 Apr 2004 Several people are in need of prayer. Families for whom we requested prayer have felt the Holy Spirit and the Lord has blessed them.
Bill Hamilton has a low blood count. His body is not producing white and cells like it should. He is currently in isolation at Pitt County Memorial Hospital to limit exposure to germs & illness.
Rufus Carraway had heart surgery today & the Lord answered prayers by giving Rufus renewed strength for surgery. His heart was pumping blood without assistance. Please continue to pray that Rufus will have a full recovery and continue to blessed.
Praise and Prayer: Jeanette Peele has finally been diagnosed, but I am unsure of the exact name of the illness. The illness is caused by inflammation of the muscles in her chest and neck. Though not curable, the condition but is treatable with steroids. Her situation is further complicated by the fact that she had a stroke. Please pray that Jeanette will improve so that she will be able to return home soon and be able to eat regular food.
The families are very grateful to all who have prayed for their recovery
- Thu, 29 Apr 2004
Please pray for Alex who is going through
some really tough times at home and is involved in some upsetting things. He
has stopped going to church but still believes. Please pray for him, he needs it.
- Sat, 24 Apr 2004 05:38:55 Please add Marsca Barnes, she went to dr. with lump in breast & will undergo test 4/26/04. Please pray for her healing.
- Fri, 23 Apr 2004 23:32:35 We have several people in need of prayer warriors here....
Jeanette Peele--AE 59, wife of Marvin--AE 53 and mother of Troy--AE 43, is having a lot of tests. She was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Jeanette cannot swallow any solid food and has lost approximately 50 Lbs. because she has been unable to eat solid food for the last 6 weeks. Doctors have run tests, and are running more, as they cannot determine the cause of her problems. Please pray for Jeanette and her family. The family has asked that Jeanette be placed on as many prayer lists as possible.
Rufus Carraway had to have an amputation to just below his knee yesterday in Pitt Memorial Hospital. Last night he had a heart attack. Rufus has three arteries that have 95 percent blockage. He is very special to many people in the community, not just Plymouth UMC. Please pray that the Lord will heal him.
There is a little boy in Plymouth UMC named Benji who had brain surgery Wednesday at Duke. Please pray that he will continue to do well and come home soon.
Your prayers are a blessing beyond measure. Thank you for keeping these people in your prayers. God bless,
- Mon, 8 Mar 2004 13:39:38 Please add Joe Gardner of Jamesville to your prayers. He will undergo a heart procedure to regulate his heart rate on March 29th. Joe is a mechanic, he and his family attend Fairview Christian Church. He recognizes the power of prayer and has asked on several occasions to remember him in prayer.
- Thursday, 4 Mar 2004 17:32:25 Please put Phyllis Copeland on your prayer list - she is in Greenville (Pitt Memorial) after she experienced chest pain & discomfort today at school and had to be taken to the emergency room in Edenton. Tests are being done to see if this is concerning her blood sugar. Please pray that she will be healed . . . Phyllis is teaming on AE 57 and Satan is trying so hard to prevent us from sharing his word. Remember Phyllis' family also!
Keep Kathy Howard in your prayers as well, she is teaming on AE 57 and I know she is still grieving for her mom. We love her and we need her also!
- Thursday, 4 March 2004 09:06:37 Please pray for Clara Flore, mother of Brenda Harbeson and grandmother of Jeff Harbeson. Clara is having surgery in Albemarle Hospital today. Please pray for her to be healed, the doctor's performing the surgery, and for Brenda that is attending to her.
- Tue, 2 Mar 2004 — 20:19:28 Please pray for Pat Harrell . . . in Pitt Memorial (Greenville) on March 3rd for a 6:00 AM heart catheterization. Pray for good news and strength for Carroll. Wed, 3 Mar 2004 10:55:25 - Carroll said the doctors have found the problem, the
news is good news and Pat can be treated medically without surgery. She thanks
everyone for all the prayers going up for them and please continue to lift Pat up.
- Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:25:02 Please be praying for Carson Spivey and the family . . . his father passed away about an hour ago at home.
Arrangements are being made.
- Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:35 Please keep the family of Kathreen Nelson in your prayers. She passed away this afternoon around 4:00pm in the Greenville hospital. She had her surgery Friday and came through fairly well until Monday and then took a turn for the worst when complications arose late yesterday afternoon. Arrangements have not been made as yet . . . they will be forwarded as soon as they are available. Please lift up the family.
- Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:41:23 Please remember to pray today for Kathreen Nelson ..she is have stomach
cancer surgery at 12 noon at Pitt . . . pray for Wallace Nelson and Kathy Howard and their families as they go through this with their mother.
Also pray for Lisa Askew who is receiving a kidney transplant this morning at Pitt
Thanks, we know that God is the only power we need. May He be glorified through these lives
- Fri, 20 Feb 2004 Please continue to pray for Mary Waff. She has been having a great deal of pain since January
- Tuesday, February 03, 2004 7:39 AM As most of you are probably aware now, mom was diagnosed with stomach cancer last week. We are heading to Greenville today to meet with the surgeon and determine the next step.
I know many of you have already been praying for mom and I thank you for those prayers from the bottom of my heart. Mom very much wants to gather a group of brothers and sisters in Christ to lay hands and pray for her. She asked me if I could invite the Emmaus community to come and share in this special time. That is the purpose of this note. If you are available this Thursday evening, Feb 5th at 700 PM, I invite you to be with us to pray for mom. We will be meeting at Hertford Baptist Church on Market Street.
Mom 's faith is strong and she believes God's people can make a difference in the days ahead. I thank you in advance for coming and I ask your help in getting the word out.
We love you all. — Wallace Nelson
- Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:35:25 Please pray for Iris Byrne, AE 55 Pilgrim, who had a cat scan on the Tuesday
after her walk. The results showed liver and ovary metastasis.
She has been battling breast cancer and has taken chemo and radiation. She started a different chemo Monday. She is an inspiration, as
usual, professing her faith and hope in her Lord.
- Thu, 29 Jan 2004 08:35:25 Please pray for Anne Sims, David Denton's sister, headed to Honduras Friday (01/31/04) for a
week of (dental) mission work.
Please pray the Lord will work through her and use her and she will know what
he is doing with her. Please pass this request on to others.
- Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:12:46 Steve Creech, AE53, Pastor at
The Nazarene Church in Plymouth, will be leaving
North Carolina on Feb. 1st with three other people for
Iraq, by way of Turkey, to be a part of a Medical
They are scheduled to leave Iraq around the 14th of February to return home.
Please pray for God's protection over these incredibly brave and obedient servants as security conditions in that region are not good.
- Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:39:47 update: the doctors have
told Kathreen Nelson she has stomach cancer. They will remove her whole stomach
and some lymph nodes for further testing. They are also doing a bone scan and
other tests. Please Pray for Mrs. Nelson and the family as they deal with
surgery and tests and whatever they may find and decide.
- Tue, 27 Jan 2004 Kathreen Nelson has asked that the community pray for her.
She has been having some tests run and the doctors have called her and asked that she come in
tomorrow morning at 9am. She fears they found something and would like the community pray for her. Please lift her & family up in your prayers. As we receive news we will pass it on.
- Monday, January 26, 2004 7:12 PM
Please pray for Stanley Nixon and his family, Stanley’s mother died today in Greenville. There will be a 2 PM grave side service Friday 01/30/04 @ Beaver Hill Cemetery, Edenton, NC.
- Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:07 Please pray for Ray Stadtmuller and his family of Arrowhead Beach, Edenton. Ray fell and has broken two ribs and is very sore from the fall. Please pray for Jesus healing in his life physical and spiritual.
- Sat, 24 Jan 2004 00:31:14 Please pray for Mary Waff - arthritis in her back, she has been having a great deal of pain and has been unable to work for a few weeks.
Prayer for Kim Boyce (Mary Waff's sister) she is still looking for a place to live. She lost her home of 14 years during the hurricane and with limited income is having difficulty finding a home to rent in a good neighborhood for less than $400 a month. Kim has a son age 15 still living at home. Please lift her up in pray and call Mary if you know of something suitable for them to rent.
- Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:40:40
Please be in prayer for the Phelps family. Those close to the Phelps family will know why, otherwise please pray for peace and that the current conflict will be resolved by the Lord.
- Friday, 16 Jan. 2004, 9:41PM
Please keep Ricky Bishop in your prayers. Ricky has been admitted to Chowan Hospital. Ricky has a fever and has a lot of swollen glands and is in a lot of pain. It is a good possibility that Ricky will be transferred to Chapel Hill at some point within the next few days.
Ricky is a fighter, not a complainer and has been in pain for quite a while. Ricky will be going through a lot of tests and needs a lot of rest. Please encourage everyone to pray
for his health as well as some "quiet and alone time." Pray for him and for his doctors as they minister to him. Pray fervently and without ceasing that all will be done to heal him and make his pain go away, the infection that is attacking his body go away, pray his blood pressure will go down to normal. Ask in the Lords name, call upon the Lord directly for these things to be done, ask in His name. Pray all resources will be used in ministering to him body and soul. When the body is being attacked by the enemy it affects the mind and the soul as well. Any weak spot the enemy can hit he will. Let us lift Preacher Ricky up in prayers that will surround him with the Lords healing power and grace. Pray a protective hedge be formed around him, that he will be awashed in the Lords cleansing powers. Pray the loving hand of God reach out and touch all that are there to minister to him and for him.
As you remember Ricky in your prayers please lift up Ricky's wife Brenda and the rest of his
family as they go through this period of waiting and the "unknown."
Thanks for your prayers!
- Thu, 25 Dec 2003 03:04:4
Kaye Dorman fell on Dec. 23 and broke her hip. She was taken to Pitt Memorial Hospital. She is a very special lady whom we have known for many years. She walked on AE 54. Kaye and her family need our prayers as Kaye has a history of medical problems which could complicate any surgery that might be planned. Thank you for praying for Kaye and her family.
Please continue to pray for Lisa Askew. She is scheduled to have a kidney transplant in January, we hope. She has had a lot of stress on her due to her husband's recent heart attack (see below) and concerns about some of her health issues.
PRAISE!!!! Dennis Askew had a stint put in his heart and he was sent home within three days of having his heart attack. The doctors told him he could return to work as soon as he was ready.
PRAISE!!!!!! Shelley Brabble and baby Holly are home from the hospital finally. Shelley had a fever for a few days after giving birth to Holly. So far there have been no other problems. Tony may continue to need prayer as he will have the responsibility of taking care of Shelley and the children for a few days.
Thank you for your prayers!
- Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:19:19 Jimmy Davenport (AE 53) will be having surgery at Chowan Hospital on 12/1/03 to remove his gallbladder. He will also have a small cyst removed from one of his legs and while he is sedated they are going to scope his stomach for ulcers. Please pray for Jimmy and the Surgeon who will be performing the procedures.
- Mon, 24 Nov 2003 12:02:06 Please place Lisa Askew on the Emmaus prayer list. She is a nurse here at Chowan Hospital and is undergoing testing for a kidney transplant at Greenville. She has met with the transplant surgeon and so far everything is going well. They are testing some of Lisa's family members for potential donors. Lisa and her family need all our prayers!
- Thu, 13 Nov 2003 17:13:29 Steve Creech (AE 53, table of Hot Pursuit For God, Pastor of Plymouth Nazarene Church in Plymouth NC) is going to Iraq on a medical missions trip for 3 weeks in February. The trip is going ahead in spite of all the terrorists attacks. He is asking that our community start praying now for this trip.
- Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:54:48 Be in prayer for Troy Peele's family (his mom Jeannette and aunt Brenda Tetterton) in the loss of his grandfather 6 AM this morning. Thanks so much, Michelle
- Tue, 21 Oct 2003 07:30:14 Jeff Harbeson has been carried to Pitt Memorial by ambulance with chest pains. Fri, 24 Oct 2003 Jeff is Home as of Thursday, tests indicated he did have a heart attack with no heart damage and further tests show no blockages. Thanks for the prayers lifted up for the family
- Tue, 21 Oct 2003 07:30:14 Bobby Wood is also in need of Prayer. A mass was found on his lung and are in the process of planning test but he does not know details yet.
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 — Bobby Wood is still undergoing tests through the next week or so and they have two places they are looking at on his lung. One is the size of a walnut and the biggest concern right now. It is in a good place to operate, but they want to run more tests first. Keep up your prayers.